Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ERROR: function crosstab(unknown, unknown) does not exist

On 07/04/2012 11:20 PM, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:
Now, when I launch a query which includes "crosstab()" as a postgres user, everything works fine. However, if I launch it as user XXX, it complaints:

Are you schema qualifying the function name when you use it?
If not, does user XXX have schema tablefunc in their search_path?

Also, does user XXX have USAGE permission on the schema containing the
extension?  Usually, if you're going to stick an extension into a schema
other than public, you're going to want to grant usage on that schema to
PUBLIC, or at least more than nobody.

Strange thing is that if I specify the schema for the crosstab function:

      SELECT * FROM tablefunc.crosstab( 'SEL….

than it works.

The search path is indicated as:

      "$user", public, metadata, admin, gis, tablefunc, postgis, topology

I added a GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA tablefunc TO XXX. Just in case, but this didn't solve the problem. Still wondering why it works for user Postgres, but not for user XXX...

Using psql log in as user XXX and run SELECT current_schemas('f');
Do same as the postgres user.
Let us know the results.

--
Adrian Klaver