Search Postgresql Archives

dblink causing import errors

Our developers like the dblink modules, so I have installed it into the template1 database. They also like to import old database dumps after creating new databases with dbcreate. But then they get irritated by the error messages saying that the dblink functions already exist, because these functions are in the old dumps, but dbcreate already copied them from the template1 database. Also, some scripts which copy databases break or create unnecessary error messages because of that. Are there any best practices when using dblink to avoid these issues?

-- Christoph