Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgstat wait timeout : permission denied

On 06/26/2012 12:27 AM, pandorino wrote:
Hi Craig
yes, that's exactly what I did.  I have the datadir in a different folder
than the executable (because I created a pseudo-portable "database").  I
have not set any special exception for the executables, apparently my
installation does not need this.
Everything is working fine now, however, should I experience in the future a
similar problem, at least I know what to look for...
In any case, very odd.
Not much Windows software has multiple processes opening and closing the same files all the time. It's clear that lots of antivirus software has race conditions and bugs related to its file access interception, and Pg appears to be particularly good at triggering them.

--
Craig Ringer