Search Postgresql Archives

31.11. Notice Processing - associating notices with calls

Hi.

What's the best way to "associate" an incoming notice with the statement that resulted in generating it? Notice operate on PGResult objects, but these objects only become available after the statement call is made. Should I have a global (or thread global, since my app is MT) "flag" that would tell the receiver what statement was executed last? I assume that the execution path is that notice call back is invoked while the statement function executes.

Thank you,
  Pawel.