Search Postgresql Archives

Extensions and roles for access administration

Greetings.

I've developed a small extension, that is essentially a collection of tables with a bunch of PL/pgSQL functions,
that are API for the whole thing.

Inside the extension script I am creating extra roles, and access to the extension's functions is provided
using these extra roles.
Given extension is named 'dmf' and one of the roles is 'dmf_user', administrator has to grant 'dmf_user'
to any user that is eligible to use the provided APIs.

My questions are:
- is this the correct approach to include into extension a set of administrative roles?
- I've noticed, that after I DROP EXTENSION, all roles are still there in the database. Is this expected?

--
Victor Y. Yegorov