Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Feature discussion: Should syntax errors abort a transaction?

I like the current behavior. Having been pleasantly surprised that this is how Pg operates, it is very helpful when I'm working on scripts or batches such as for creating or populating schemas. If it dies part way through, I know I can just fix the problem and rerun the whole thing, without having to first undo or skip the earlier portions. Also, rollback for everything is much more deterministic. -- Darren Duncan