Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Recovery continually requests new WAL files

On 13/06/12 09:10, Albe Laurenz wrote:
Alex Good wrote:
I have a simple setup with one master and one backup server. I have an
issue where I have performed a backup and copied it to the data
directory for the slave, written a recovery.conf and copied in the
backup_label file and then started the server, it happily restores
everything up until and including the WAL file mentioned in the
backup_label and then attempts to obtain the next archive file which
has
not yet been archived. I can't for the life of me figure out what is
going on.
What else would you expect?

Are you planning to use streaming replication?

If yes, what are your configuration parameters for replication?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe
What I expected to see was the server requesting each WAL file up until the one which was archived during pg_stop_backup and then the server would consider itself to be recovered. Clearly I have misunderstood something here.

These two servers are actually sat behind pgpool which is in replication mode (so I don't have streaming replication set up) which I chose beccause it gives me synchronous replication as well as automatic failover. I am trying to understand the recovery process so I can use it to set up pgpools' online recovery feature.

Thanks
Alex Good

Alex