Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Extension table data

On 2012-06-09 08:56, Keith Fiske wrote:
Looking at the docs, I think the extension authors may have only had
configuration data in mind for extension tables. I don't see any
reason why we shouldn't be able to put any sort of table in our
extensions, some having actual data, not just config.

True. We've made several extensions that consist only of table data, such as contents of medical codesystems, where the actual terminology comes from another extension that has functions and empty codesystem tables. I remember there were some issues making it. IIRC the table data would not be dropped on extension drop.

regards,
Yeb

--
Yeb Havinga