Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Problem with reading data from standby server ?

On 21.04.2012 12:59, Andres Freund wrote:
On Friday, April 20, 2012 10:39:25 AM Condor wrote:
array_accumulate aggregate is:

CREATE AGGREGATE array_accumulate (
     sfunc = array_append,
     basetype = anyelement,
     stype = anyarray,
     initcond = '{}'
);
Btw, if you replace that by array_agg which is builtin in any version
support
HS/SR the whole query might finish faster and thus is less likely to cause
conflicts.

No, the speed is the same, I just check with explain but yes, I will switch to use array_agg

If youre already on 9.1 you might also want to look into
hot_standby_feedback
that can also reduce the likelihood of conflicts by informing the
master what
is going on on the standby.

This option hot_standby_feedback look interesting, but when I read what do more questions coming like:

This can cause database bloat on the primary for some workloads. Well if I run one query every hour and take 30 min to finish the job, with how much my database on primary will be increase and when I run vaccumdb on master do this blob will gone. Well I watch one treat here, one guy with 540 gb database with huge blob and Im little scared do I will have the same result. Also if something happened on the master server and it's going down do I will have all wal files in archive directory on standby server and did postgres will apply them auto after finish the query or
I need to do this manually.

Greetings,

Andres

Greetings,