Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Is this doable using Postgresql crosstab or some other function?

Let's say I have tens or hundreds or thousands of feature (instance) types. Each of them would need its own table. Let's say I give for the application administrator, a possibility to create new feature types? He/she merely knows what's the database is. So I need a model which is capable for offering "dynamic table structures".

I already have implemented parts which allow creating these types, creating instances of them and populating those instances with data. Now I have to come up with a method for flattening that data into one view so that it can be used directly.

- mika -