Search Postgresql Archives

Re: oracle linux

"Tomas Vondra" <tv@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> On 28 BÅ?ezen 2012, 16:38, Gregg Jaskiewicz wrote:
>> They seem to claim up to 70% speed gain.
>> Did anyone proved it, tested it - with PostgreSQL in particular ?

> I really don't expect such difference just due to switching to a different
> kernel. There's a space for infinite number of tweaks there (using a
> different default fs parameters, adding better support for the new Niagara
> T4 CPU not available to RedHat yet etc.).

AFAIK, Oracle Linux is still just rebranded RHEL, with some very minimal
amount of additional engineering effort put in.  It's not likely that
they are so much smarter than everybody else who works on Linux that
they can find huge across-the-board speedups that nobody else has found.

			regards, tom lane