Search Postgresql Archives

Ways to edit users and permissions for database

Hi,

this was probably asked dozens of times before, but I couldn't find where, and neither in the docs and what I found on the web didn't make sense. I found how to create users and check their permissions using terminal. But I need to alter and create users and permissions through libpq or SQL directly. I also found there to be a reference on the INFORMATION_SCHEMA, but still couldn't make sense out of these tables in the given context. This is to make a user administration inside the client frontend. What approach would be recommended for this purpose?

Thanks
Alex