Search Postgresql Archives

Parse message is not generating a ParseOk response

Hello everyone,

I'm writing an async driver for PosgreSQL in Scala (
https://github.com/mauricio/postgresql-netty ) and I'm now working on
getting the prepared statements to work. Following the protocol
documentation for extended queries (
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/protocol-flow.html#PROTOCOL-FLOW-EXT-QUERY
) it says I should first send a Parse message and wait for a
ParseComplete message back, but this isn't working for me.

I send the Parse message and nothing is sent back to me nor the server
says anything.

Thinking it could be something wrong with my parse format, I wrote
tests for the format itself, but it seems like everything is correct
-> https://github.com/mauricio/postgresql-netty/blob/master/src/test/scala/com/github/mauricio/postgresql/encoders/ParseMessageEncoderSpec.scala

Am I missing something here?

BTW, looking at the JDBC driver, it doesn't look like it waits for the
ParseOk message. Is it how I should go by doing it?

-
Maurício Linhares
http://techbot.me/ - http://twitter.com/#!/mauriciojr