Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Optimise PostgreSQL for fast testing

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Dmytrii Nagirniak <dnagir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 24/02/2012, at 5:15 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
>
> Now all you have to do is parallelise the tests and everything can
> work 10 times quicker and it would be much faster than the time SQLite
> produced.
>
> So using PostgreSQL for testing would be both quicker and more
> accurate, if you set the tests up right.
>

> That is certainly true. And there are number of techniques to make tests
> faster.
> But that is outside of the scope of this thread I believe.

Is there a reaon why you can't parallelize your tests?  If you could
run 10 or so at a time it would be worth benchmarking.

Also, look into automating your testing, so that you don't need to run
the tests all the time, they run in the background, and if something
breaks they send you an alert with the code that broke things etc.