Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Upgrade to 9.1 causing function problem

On Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:18:46 am Willem Buitendyk wrote:
> I have recently upgraded my database from 8.4 to 9.1.  In the process I
> have moved everything to a different schema.  Postgis is occupying the
> public schema.  Everything is working fine except for some of my own
> functions. Here is a small function and table that will not update when I
> perform the following code:    select _me_set_process_month('2012-01-01');
>     It will run but the resulting table will not update.  Any ideas?

What does the Postgres log say?
What is your search_path set to?
Is there more than one activity_month?

My guess is that your search_path is limiting the visibility of the table.
Without an explicit schema qualification of the table, Postgres will use the
search_path to locate a table. The logs should say something or you can change
the function to point to a schema qualified table name, if you do want to change
the search_path.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx