Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Warning: you don't own a lock of type ExclusiveLock

Chris,

pg_advisory_unlock (along with the other functions in that family) works
on a set of mythical objects with no actual meaning beyond what the
database administrator chooses to give them.

Thank you for your excellent description.  I have never used the advisory
lock functionality that Postgres provides, and your reply combined with
Merlin's multi-part primer on them, it's easy to see their value,
application, and implementation.

Finally, with respect to my original request, it's quite conceivable that
the application is attempting to free the lock more times than it requested
it.  Thank you again for your reply!

-- Gary Chambers