Search Postgresql Archives

Re: HA options

> I have a few clusters running on EC2 using DRBD to replicate between
> availability zones. It's not fast, but it works. If your write load is under
> 30MB/sec it's definitely an option. I run DRBD over SSH tunnels to get around
> the random IP address issue. I use heartbeat on top for resource
> management/failover (I know it's not ideal with the single communications
> path, but what can you do), and DDNS with really short TTLs.

If you have a howto or some documentation on how to get DRBD to work
with EC2 (or rackspace) I'd appreciate a link to it.

> I've also had success using the native replication to spin read-only slaves off
> those HA masters, using pgpool to load balance selects.

I think I am probably going to explore this option first.   I don't
know why automatic failover, failback, etc are not built in already. I
guess even connection pooling ought to be built in. Seems like
everybody would need that no?