Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Keywords

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Adam Cornett <adam.cornett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM, vyang <vyang@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello List,

I’m wondering if there is a way to retrieve/query PostgreSQL for a list of key words matching that of Appendix C. SQL Key Words.  I’m using PostgreSQL 9.1 and java.  I’ve already tried java’s DatabaseMetaData.getSQLKeywords, but the API states “Retrieves a comma-separated list of all of this database's SQL keywords that are NOT also SQL:2003 keywords.”  As a result many key words are left out.  Any help on this matter is much appreciated.

vyang

The Manual has a list in the appendix:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-keywords-appendix.html

Sorry for not reading the first part of your question, you've already found the list I pointed you to.

Why can't you just save the list in Appendix C and read it in to your application?

-Adam