Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Detecting uncommitted changes

Bill Moran wrote on 27.12.2011 19:37:
is there a way I can detect if the current session has any uncommitted changes?

I'm not trying to find uncommitted changes from other sessions (connections) only for the *current* one.

I thought there was a discussion on the mailing list that involved the txid_XXX functions, but I couldn't find that anymore.

Background:
I'm trying to implement a "Do you want to commit your changes?" question in a SQL tool, when the user closes the application.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you could just make it check the
transaction status.  If there's an active transaction, then there are
"uncommitted changes".

Sounds like what I want, but how do I check the "transaction status" (I'm using JDBC)

Regards
Thomas