Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Having Issue Getting the Postgresql Service to Start

Removing the administrator rights worked and the service is now able to start over the domain. Thanks for the help!

From: Craig Ringer [mailto:ringerc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 5:48 PM
To: Sogard, Michael (DPS)
Cc: Sachin Srivastava; pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Having Issue Getting the Postgresql Service to Start

On 13/12/2011 12:18 AM, Sogard, Michael (DPS) wrote:

A little more information that may help, the service works fine as a local user. The problem only happens when we try to start it as a network user on the domain. As far as registering the service goes, I am not sure of the details of the installation. That was performed from a different team than mine. They are also stumped as to why this is happening.

I've seen reports that PostgreSQL doesn't run properly when run as a domain member user before, too. However, in this case the problem is simpler:

The PostgreSQL account must **NOT** have administrator rights. Grant the account full control over its data directory and REMOVE its administrator rights.

--
Craig Ringer