Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [pgadmin-support] Help for Migration

Hi Alban/Craig,

Employeedetailinsert is procedure I have created in PostgreSQL. When I try to execute the procedure directly in Pgadmin as

EXEC Employeedetailinsert (parameters same as below) It works fine with desired result.

But When I call the procedure in Classic ASP I get the below error. I do not understand why the driver assumes it as function in the 1st place. I am using Postgres Native driver .
In the call when I am using CALL as suggested below , I am still getting the same error as the driver seem to be parsing it eventually like it should for a function. Is it a bug in the driver that it cannot handle procedure from the ODBC connection??

Pls let me know.

The entire error as I am getting is as follows. Pls note that database is not recognizing the object as it is looking for a function with that name. But here it is a procedure I am executing.
-error start
Executing Procedure =EXEC employeedetailinsert( ' 123','55','Mamatha','Chandrashekar','06','05','9886269427','mamatha_ka@xxxxxxxx','12/10/2010','','7','Active','','Bangalore','IG','906','Muralikrishna','TG-,'TPDBA01','TPDBA01- DBA Practice','No','','')
PostgreSQL Native Provider error '80040e14'

ERROR: function employeedetailinsert(unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown) does not exist LINE 1: SELECT * FROM employeedetailinsert(' 123','55','Mamat... ^ HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.

/postgresql/EmployeeDetails.asp, line 656
-error end

Thanks,
Mamatha