Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Syntax To Create Table As One In Another Database

On 11/15/11 8:42 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
  I need a pointer to the appropriate docs that show me how to specify a
table in a different database.

  What I want is to CREATE TABLE <tablename> AS TABLE
<otherdatabase><same_tablename>; but using a period (dot) to separate the
source database and table name doesn't work. My searches of the 9.0.x docs
have missed finding this information.

use Schemas instead of databases if this is what you need. Combined with search_path, this will get you the exact results you're looking for. in fact, the default search_path is $USER,public, so it will look in a schema named after the current user before it looks in the default schema...