Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Client SQL Tool

On 11/15/2011 01:55 PM, bjoern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I don't want to replace the other tools. It's just another client for
postgreSQL and there is a long road for a release. And yes, it uses .NET
4.0 and WPF.
The implementation is more than a little more than simply ADO.NET. The
ADO.NET objects only transfer the results to the view. In the backend
the sql query is handled
as a really SQL statement.

But it's ok, if you dont't interested in.

I believe the idea is not to pit this app against any existing application paid or free.

If the idea is to learn the development platform by all means, its your own software, and you should probably go ahead. Then probably posting it here is quite immaterial here .. :)

But if the idea is to get communities eyes on the application, it has to interest the community on some level. An exceptional feature, unique use, mass appeal, whatever. No offence, but the base platform isn't always a striking factor. Personally, I don't care if I have a steam-engine under the bonnet as long as it runs like a Ferrari ;)

--
Robins Tharakan