Search Postgresql Archives

Re: equivalent to "replication_timeout" on standby server

Thanks Fuji for that I hint...

I searched around on the internet for that trick and it looks like we can make the Standby close its connection to the master much earlier than it otherwise would;it is good for me now.

But still there seems to be two problem areas that can be improved over time...

Thanks and Regards,
Samba

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:25 AM, Samba <saasira@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The postgres manual explains the "replication_timeout" to be used to
>
> "Terminate replication connections that are inactive longer than the
> specified number of milliseconds. This is useful for the primary server to
> detect a standby crash or network outage"
>
> Is there a similar configuration parameter that helps the WAL receiver
> processes to terminate the idle connections on the standby servers?

No.

But setting keepalive libpq parameters in primary_conninfo might be useful
to detect the termination of connection from the standby server.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center