Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Recommendations for SSDs in production?

On Thursday, November 03, 2011 10:59:37 AM you wrote:
> There's a pretty varied mix of speed, durability, and price with any
> SSD based architecture, but the two that have proven best in our
> testing and production use (for ourselves and our clients) seem to be
> Intel (mostly 320 series iirc), and Fusion-IO. I'd start with looking
> at those.

This is *exactly* the type of feedback that I've been looking for - thanks!

The Fusion IO looks to be in the "if you have to ask about prices you probably
can't afford it" range, although getting a million IOPS is damned impressive.
I'm surprised a bit by the Intel 320 referenced, since this is typically
touted as a consumer device, but we've consequently decided to give the 710 a
shot since it's basically a 320 with some reliability upgrades, and see how it
goes.

I will post my results here later, time permitting.

Thanks again.

believed to be clean.