Search Postgresql Archives

The postgres database -- necessary? If so, how to cleanse?

I accidentally imported lots of data into the postgres database via something like:

psql -U postgres -q -f super_massive_database_dump.sql

Now, although I've manually dropped all the tables -- and \d+ shows nothing -- there are still various views, functions, etc that must account for a lot of disk space. From \l+, I see that postgres still occupies 65GB. So my question is, what's the easiest way to reclaim that space? Can I drop postgres and just recreate it? Or is it magical like unicorns and unwilling to be dropped? Or, how can I just clear out all the crap I imported?

Thanks!

…Rene