Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgre Performance

On 10/18/2011 06:57 AM, Deshpande, Yogesh Sadashiv (STSD-Openview) wrote:
Hello ,

We have a setup where in there are around 100 process running in
parallel every 5 minutes and each one of them opens a connection to
database. We are observing that for each connection , postgre also
created on sub processes. We have set max_connection to 100. So the
number of sub process in the system is close to 200 every 5 minutes. And
because of this we are seeing very high CPU usage. We need following
information

1.Is there any configuration we do that would pool the connection
request rather than coming out with connection limit exceed.

Yes you need a pooler. Initiating connections like that is expensive. The use of PgBouncer is your friend here.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgBouncer

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579