Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Can I integrate PostgreSQL into MS Visual Studio EXPRESS ?

On 10/05/2011 04:54 AM, Andreas wrote:
Hi,
can I integrate PostgreSQL into MS Visual Studio EXPRESS ?
AFAIK odbc or similar ways to access non-ms-dbms are no standard options
of the Express version, is it?

No, there's no IDE integration. What would you want? I don't use MS SQL, so I don't really know what the integration they offer is and how it works.

libpq works perfectly fine in programs compiled with MSVC++, so you can use libpq to talk to PostgreSQL just like you would on any other platform.

Alternately you can use PgODBC, ADO, npgsql, etc to use PostgreSQL from your program.

I'm not aware of a LINQ backend for PostgreSQL, alas.

--
Craig Ringer