Search Postgresql Archives

Re: get number and names of processes connected to postgresql

On 09/24/11 2:07 PM, Gregg Jaskiewicz wrote:
My apps share same databases, so no good in that. And I am very well
aware of the new feature in 9.0 - but we're stuck in the 8.3 land for
now.

you can still give the various apps different user accounts (roles) even if they all have to have the same permissions (perhaps by being members of the role that has the actual permissions). We're usually more specific about our roles.

and, do note, the pg_stat_activity table has the process ID as well as the client port.

netstat etc won't do you any good at all if any of the connections are remote.