Search Postgresql Archives

Re: about synchronous_standby_names or sync replic

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 2:34 PM, e-blokos <infos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I wonder if it's possible to have a sync replication only from the the node
> where the client
> who update the DB and other node replicated asynchronously ?
>
> example :
> nodeCentral node1 node2 node3
>
> user1  from node3 update db to nodeCentral (master) so nodeCentral
> replicates synchronously node3 and later other nodes...

yep, put the names of all the nodes in synchronous_standby_names and
set synchronous_commit to local... then when someone sends a write
command to the server "set synchronous_commit to on" (of course, this
SET is a command you send to the server just like any other SQL
command)

don't forget to reset synchronous_commit or use set local, otherwise
you will let this node as the sync rep until disconnect

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación