Search Postgresql Archives

Foreign tables using postgresql_fdw or odbc_fdw

Tried both, but they don't work for 9.1.

I want to thank Adrian, without his help I would never find the link that
confirmed the postgresql_fdw is not working.

Would be nice to make all this information clear in Foreign Data Wrapper
documentation at PostgreSQL manuals.

I wasted at least 12 hours trying to make it work. The only real option is
file_fdw, that is not that useful (I would connect my database to files just
for curiosity - otherwise, I would use only an application that validates
the file before importing into database for fast operations).

odbc_fdw would work, but it's near to impossible for a normal human bean to
compile using MSVC; and it's not available in binary format (see, I'm not a
C developer for many, many years now... and I work in an hybrid environment
with Windows and Linux machines).

Sorry for the rant... I hope to save time for others who wish to use FDW in
a real scenario.

Regards,

Edson Richter.