Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Remote connection shows localhost databases

[sorry for the duplicate Richard]

Thanks for the response Richard. I have tried to connect via pgAdminIII.
When I try to connect to the remote machine, I enter \\<server>\<ip_address>
into the host name field. What I found was it didn't matter what I entered
into the hostname field (I put in random strings to test), it always brought
up the databases on the localhost....

Jeffrey D. Adams
National Marine Fisheries Service
Office of Protected Resources
Marine Mammal & Sea Turtle Conservation Division
1315 East West Hwy
Building SSMC3
Silver Spring, MD 20910-3282
phone: (301) 427-8434