Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Apparent Problem With NULL in Restoring pg_dump

On 9/15/2011 2:38 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Andy Colson wrote:

Can you pg_dump again, but use --inserts? Maybe it'll offer some hints.

Andy,

Only if I restore /usr/local/pgsql/data/* from the backup tape of a few
days ago. I need to drop the table before trying to insert it.

Also, do you have the right line endings for your os?

Well, linux uses only \n, and that's the only environment in which I work.

To restore, you are using: psql dbname < filename
correct?

No, I'm running within pgsql and using the \i option. I can try it from
the command line before restoring from the backup and trying again.

Rich

Ah, I see there was a prior thread about this problem. You said you'd missed the \. and said it was resolved. So is this a same file or a different one?

-Andy