Search Postgresql Archives

Re: FATAL: terminating connection due to conflict with recovery

On 31/08/2011 4:51 AM, Jeff Ross wrote:

On my workstation using psql this query runs in about 1.5 minutes. I can
choose the quarter the query uses and I'm virtually positive that no
rows in that set will be updated or deleted so the error message to me
seems wrong.

AFAIK: There may be other data on the same page that is being written to, or it might be VACUUM activity replicated from the master. Either way, the standby is saying it has to get rid of that page in order to stay within sync delay limits with the master.

See the other reply post you got for the tuning parameters you can use to tweak that permissible sync delay.

--
Craig Ringer