Search Postgresql Archives

Re: hstore installed in a separate schema

In article <1312401318.5199.YahooMailClassic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Ioana Danes <ioanasoftware@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
> I am planning to use the contrib module hstore
> but I would like to install it on a separate schema, not public,
> and include the schema in the search_path.
> Do you know if there are any issues with this scenario.
> In the hstore.sql script I see it forces it into public:

> -- Adjust this setting to control where the objects get created.
> SET search_path = public;

> I did some tests for my use cases and it all works fine...

That's the way I use any contrib module because it doesn't mix my own
stuff with the module's stuff.  With an

  ALTER DATABASE mydb SET search_path = public, hstore

all that works transparently.