Search Postgresql Archives

Hot Standby Lag Calculation

Hi, List,

We're trying to calculate the amount of time that a Hot Standby slave is lagging behind its master, and our results look wrong (average of 7 seconds, with some over 1 minute), so we were thinking that we're probably calculating it wrong.

We're currently just using the timestamps from ls (mtimes, I believe?) against the files in the pg_xlog directory and comparing the timestamp of the files on the master to the same files on the slave.  Is this incorrect?  If so, what's the standard way of calculating the lag of a hot standby?
---
Samuel Nelson
Consistent State
www.consistentstate.com