Search Postgresql Archives

I'm in the depths of a CAST nightmare and I can't work my out

Hi folks. On 8.4 here, and I can't solve this tedious thing. I have two servers. One of them, all the casts are properly configured. I've pg_dump'ed the DB there, and restored it. And I get tons of errors about incompatible types.

For example, a view w/ some UNION statements blows up: UNION/INTERSECT/EXCEPT could not convert type integer[] to text[]

But it works fine on the primary server. So I go into pgadmin, then right-click on Casts, and New Cast. Choose integer[] as the source, text[] as the target, check Implicit. ERROR: array data types are not binary compatible. Uncheck Implict, same error. The 'Function' drop-down list is empty.

Can anyone help me clear this up? It's a very nagging issue to have my two servers in a different state..

--
Wells Oliver
Architect, Baseball Systems