Search Postgresql Archives

Statistics about Streaming Replication deployments in production

Hi all,
We, at Avaya India, have been using postgres for a few years and are very happy with the stability and performance of the system. We would want to utilise the newly released streaming replication feature to build a master-(multiple)slave based geographically redundant setup . We ship to our customers a product that stores its transactional data in postgres, and the size of the data would be accumulating to some where around a couple of hundred gigabytes over a period of time. it will have heavy read load and average write load.

One concern that is being coined by the our management team is regarding the relative stability and 'industrial-strength' of streaming replication. Considering that this feature is just one year old, doubts are expressed about

On account of these, we thought it would be reassuring to our management team if we can cite a few existing production deployments and their success stories.

I think one year is sufficient time for any product/feature to be thoroughly tested for all its strengths and weaknesses; so would it be too much to ask the vast postgres customer base about their experiences with streaming replication, the good, the bad; and perhaps the best and the ugly too? It would be great if customers can give their identity (employer info) but not necessary though.

Thanks and Regards,
Samba