Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Disallow access from psql, or allow access only from specific client app

A lot of applications don't actually have a database role per user.

There is an application user who logs into the database and the application handles application logins through a users table in the database. That way the only thing that the user has access to is the application and not the database.

If you access the database through an application server, or server side script, you can limit access to only that (and other specific) IP addresses in the pg_hba.conf.

Sim