Search Postgresql Archives

weird table sizes

hello to all

i would like your help in the following matter ->

we have 2 identical databases. the 1st was built from scratch while the 2nd
was 'restored' from a dump of another database (without the data). so the
sequences for instance on the 2nd started from very big numbers. in these
databases there is a table. in the first it has around 350 mil rows and size
of 65GB (sequence started from 1). in the second it has 250 mil and size of
430 GB(sequence started from 9 billions). how can that be?the sizes are from
the pg_relation_size function.

i know that with what i said you certainly cannot answer to my question but
i dont know what kind of extra info you would like to know in order to help
me, so i can provide you anything you find useful.

i would appreciate it if you could point me to some direction.thank you in
advance