Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Concurrent read from a partition table.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 6:01 AM, hyelluas <helen_yelluas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I’m having a problem with concurrent processing.
2 queries are accessing the same parent table  that have 24 partitions.
I see “shared lock is not granted “ for one of them on one of the children
while the other query is running.

Does the “ select from a parent table” make a  lock on  the children?

In general if there are no predicates in query, then select would be fired across all
children.

How I can change it?
The one of the queries runs hourly ( 8 min) on the server , the other one
can be run by a user , and a few users can run the same query.

Thank you.
Helen

Could you post a self-contained test case?

Regards,
Chetan

--
EnterpriseDB Corporation