Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Oracle to Postgres migration open source tool

On 7/07/2011 9:55 PM, akp geek wrote:
Hi all -

                Are there any open source tools available for migrating
from oracle to postgres. We have 20 tables in oracles that we needed to
get to postgres. Appreciate your help

One avenue you may wish to investigate is ETL tools like Talend. See Google.

EnterpriseDB offer an enhanced version of PostgreSQL with add-on Oracle compatibility features to ease porting. This might be worth looking into.

Numerous companies offer consulting services for PostgreSQL, some of which will cover Oracle migrations/conversions. See:
  http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support

As for specific oracle to PostgreSQL migration tools: Tried Google yet?

--
Craig Ringer

POST Newspapers
276 Onslow Rd, Shenton Park