Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Inherit trouble

The product 9 is a hard drive, so it's inserted in the hard drive table, but as it inherits product, I see it in product table too.

Why do i Have this message ? Can you help me ?

Thank you

David

Working as designed; foreign keys and unique indexes are only valid for the explicit table they point to.

You can try making “hard drive” have a one-to-one relationship with “product” instead of inheriting from it.  Either give “hard drive” its own PK and add a “Product PK” to the table or have the “hard drive” and “product” tables both use the same primary key (product PK) with a FK between them.

David J.