Search Postgresql Archives

Contrib source

So, I needed to build a special PG, for use with xTuple (an ERP).  I got the 8.4.4 source, dumped it in a directory in my home, and put the executable out on a non-standard directory on one of my SSD.

Reading Greg Smith's "High Performance..." book, suggested that I needed the postgresql-contrib thingees.  Synaptic (ubuntu 10.04) had it listed, so I went ahead.  I didn't notice that it would do an install of all 8.4!!!

>From that point forward, I would get a terminal error message about not being able to start PG whenever Synaptic did an update (no "server.key").  I've uninstalled all of PG, and need to do it again, but I'll need the contrib source, and I don't find it anywhere.  I must not be looking in the right place.

Where might that be?

thanks,
robert