Search Postgresql Archives

Long Query and User Session

Hi!

I want to ask that what happens if a long query running and user session timeout reached?

1.)

For example: somebody starts a very long query or statistical stored procedure.

The session timeout is 5 minutes, and the session exhausted this time.

What happens?

a.)
The Query/STP automatically aborted by PGSQL, the resources released.

b.)
The Query/STP continue working
    b1)
    For unlimited time (while it reach the end of Qry/STP)
    b2)
    For limited time by a system parameter (max_query_running_time)
but user is locked out from session.

c.)
The Query/STP working time is make the session alive, it is defined as "user interaction too", so the session ended on Qry/STP end + 5 minutes.

2.)
Another question based on this that can I force PGSQL server to abort and release a session that got infinite loop (as admin, to close any session?)?

3.)
What happens if the client is disconnecting (the program died, or network connection died) while Query/STP running?

4.)
And: is PGSQL supports "aborting" of the long Query basically?

Thanks for your help:
   dd