Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Multi-tenancy in Postgres

On 06/28/2011 05:45 PM, Rob Sargent wrote:
I think Greg might be forgetting that some of us don't always get to
choose what we work on.  I was in a shop that decided to go with
multi-tenancy for reason both technical and um, er envious.

There are certainly successful deployments of multi-tenant PostgreSQL out there, ones that make sense. What I was trying to communicate is that the particular variation proposed by this academic paper doesn't seem the right direction for PostgreSQL development to head in to me. This project is stubborn about resolving the problems people actually have, and the ones the paper tries to solve are not the ones I've seen in my own experiments in multi-tenant deployments.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   Baltimore, MD
Comprehensive and Customized PostgreSQL Training Classes: