Search Postgresql Archives

Retrieving the original table of a tuple stored in a tuplestore?

Hi,
  I'm pretty new to postgres, but I'm currently working on a project to extend some of the code.  For what we're doing, we need to sometimes store tuples from multiple tables into the same tuplestore.
  The way I understand the code, tuples stored in tuplestores do not also store the TupleDesc or a way to access the original table the tuple came from.  This - again, as I understand the code - would make it impossible to know what types of attributes are stored in the tuple.
  Is there any way to find out which table a tuple that was previously stored inside a tuplestore came from?

Thank you,
Spencer Pearson