Search Postgresql Archives

Re: how to find a tablespace for the table?

On 06/17/2011 06:50 PM, hyelluas wrote:
I'm looking into pg_tables view and only one tablespace is displayed is
pg_global.
All my tables are created in my custom tablespace and that column is empty
for them.

I'm not sure what's wrong here, but the query you are trying to use to decode this information doesn't look quite right. pg_tables is just a regular query; here is its source code:

CREATE VIEW pg_tables AS
    SELECT
        N.nspname AS schemaname,
        C.relname AS tablename,
        pg_get_userbyid(C.relowner) AS tableowner,
        T.spcname AS tablespace,
        C.relhasindex AS hasindexes,
        C.relhasrules AS hasrules,
        C.relhastriggers AS hastriggers
    FROM pg_class C LEFT JOIN pg_namespace N ON (N.oid = C.relnamespace)
         LEFT JOIN pg_tablespace T ON (T.oid = C.reltablespace)
    WHERE C.relkind = 'r';

I think that if you start with this and try to experiment from there, you may be able to figure out what's going on here a little better. This connects up the main relevant tables in the right way.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   Baltimore, MD