Search Postgresql Archives

Re: what is the best way of storing text+image documents in postgresql

On Friday 10. June 2011 09.04.18 Arash pajoohande wrote:

> Actually, my word files consists of many exam questions. for each user, a
> random subset of questions must selected and displayed.
> it seem's that it would be nice if I have each question as an easy to
> handle document section (e.g. html div) and display them without need of
> any other application.

That is a very trivial task in eg. PHP. Like John and Craig has said, just
store the questions as plain text in the database. (Watch out for special MS
characters.) Let the PHP script pick a random subset of predefined size and
display it in the browser. Click on File -> Print.

Sounds like less than a day's work to me.

regards, Leif