Search Postgresql Archives

Re: plpython module import errors

On 04/28/2011 02:19 PM, c k wrote:

Hello,
I have installed postgresql 9 on fedora 14 having python 2.7. Now
created plpythonu language in my database and created a simple
function to calculate sum of two variables.
while importing math libbrary and executing the function i got the error
PL/Python: ImportError: No module named cmath

tried to search help for this error on net and tried various things
but nothing solved this.
What can I do to solve this error.
I can still work from python interpreter directly.
Thanks in advcance.
C P Kulkarni
This can happen if you have more then one version of python on the server and the postgresql is using a different one then you do on the command line. This is becuase modules are installed per version of python.
The easiest way to check this is:

create or replace function pyver() returns text as
$$
import sys
return sys.version
$$ language 'plpythonu';

select pyver()
and see if the version it returns is the same one as when you open the interpreter.

Sim